Amarnath Pilgrimage Package From New Delhi
The Amarnath Yatra is a Hindu pilgrimage to the holy cave shrine of Amarnath in Jammu and Kashmir. The cave is located in the Himalayas, at an altitude of 13,500 feet. The shrine is dedicated to Lord Shiva, and is said to house a natural ice stalagmite that is believed to represent the Shivlingam, or the phallus of Shiva.
The Amarnath Yatra is a popular pilgrimage, and is undertaken by millions of Hindus every year. The pilgrimage is usually undertaken in the summer months, from July to August.
There are a number of Amarnath pilgrimage packages available from New Delhi. These packages typically include transportation, accommodation, food, and guide services. The cost of a pilgrimage package will vary depending on the length of the package, the level of accommodation, and the time of year.
Here is a sample itinerary for a 7-day Amarnath pilgrimage package from New Delhi:
- Day 1: Departure from New Delhi and flight to Srinagar, the capital of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Day 2: Sightseeing in Srinagar, including the Dal Lake, the Hazratbal Shrine, and the Shankaracharya Temple.
- Day 3: Drive to Pahalgam, the starting point for the Amarnath Yatra.
- Day 4: Trek to Baltal, the base camp for the Amarnath Yatra.
- Day 5: Trek to Amarnath Cave and darshan of the Shivlingam.
- Day 6: Return to Baltal.
- Day 7: Drive back to Srinagar and flight back to New Delhi.
The cost of this package will start at around INR 25,000 per person.
When choosing an Amarnath pilgrimage package, it is important to consider the following factors:
- The length of the package.
- The level of accommodation.
- The time of year.
- The inclusions and exclusions of the package.
- The reputation of the tour operator.
It is also important to book your package well in advance, as the Amarnath Yatra is a popular pilgrimage and the packages tend to sell out quickly.
If you are planning to undertake the Amarnath Yatra, I recommend that you book a pilgrimage package from a reputable tour operator. This will ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Here are some tips for planning your Amarnath pilgrimage:
- Start planning your trip early. The Amarnath Yatra is a popular pilgrimage and the packages tend to sell out quickly.
- Book your package from a reputable tour operator. This will ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Get a medical checkup before you go. The trek to Amarnath is challenging, and you need to be in good health to undertake it.
- Be prepared for the weather. The weather in the Himalayas can be unpredictable, so be prepared for anything.
- Pack light. You will be carrying your own luggage on the trek, so pack light and only bring the essentials.
- Drink plenty of water. It is important to stay hydrated, especially at high altitudes.
- Be respectful of the local culture. The Amarnath Yatra is a sacred pilgrimage for Hindus, so be respectful of the local customs and traditions.